Whip up a batch of these Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos on the weekend, and you can freeze them until you want to eat ’em.
What’s for breakfast? Planning ahead can make answering this question a breeze — no matter what day of the week it is. All it takes is a good recipe and a little time when you’re free, such as on a weekend.
Ready to make this Make-Ahead Breakfast Burrito recipe? Let’s get started!
These burritos are filled with a lot of really great flavors. Start by sautéing peppers and onions until they are golden. Once they’re all ready, take them out of the pan and scramble some eggs. Mix those peppers and onions back into the eggs.
Now comes the assembly. You divide the egg mixture between four tortillas. Then you top it with cheese and cooked bacon. Wrap it on up, tucking in the ends, and then cover the burrito with foil for freezing. Stick them in a labeled bag and keep them in the freezer for up to two months.
When you are ready to enjoy them, just take a Make-Ahead Breakfast Burrito out of the freezer, unwrap it and microwave it for two minutes, flipping once.
Easy peasy and so quick too!
When you make-ahead breakfast foods like chocolate chip muffins or these burritos, you make breakfast time run smoother in your house. And, importantly, you give yourself back value minutes at a busy time of the day.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced sweet onions
- ½ cup diced bell peppers
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 burrito-size tortillas
- 6 slices cooked bacon, cut in half
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden. Remove from the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the hot saute pan and cook, stirring frequently, until fluffy and cooked through. Remove from heat and stir the peppers and onions into the eggs.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the tortillas, arranging it in the center of each. Sprinkle with the cheese, dividing it evenly among the burritos. Top each with 3 halves of bacon. Fold the tortilla ends up and then roll to close. Wrap in foil and store in a resealable bag in the freezer.
- To enjoy, remove one burrito from the freezer and unwrap, discarding the foil. Place the burrito on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. flip and microwave for 1 minute more. Let cool for a few minutes before digging in.