As far as easy lunches go, these are tops. Easy Ham and Cheese Lettuce Wraps are ready in minutes and so satisfying.
When the school bags are packed and the bus schedules perused, all that’s left is packing the lunches. Every day. For the whole school year.
What will you be packing this year?
When my kids were little, I loved to make them homemade bento-style lunches. Back then, I worked at home and had time to cut cute shapes from cheese and peppers. What I didn’t know then was that time isn’t universal. When I started working outside the house, I found that even slightly complicated lunches were too much for most days.
That’s where super easy lunch recipes like these wraps come in. These are ready in minutes. They feature a favorite pairing — ham and cheese — and they pack well into resealable containers.
Did I mention how easy they are too?
I prefer to eat my Easy Ham and Cheese Lettuce Wraps without mustard, but if that’s a favorite the instructions explain just when and how to add it.
Now, all that’s left is to make them.
And don’t forget to tuck an ice pack into the lunch bag too. Perishables like ham and cheese really need to be kept cool.
- 2 butter or Bibb lettuce leaves
- honey mustard (optional)
- 2 oz sliced deli ham (about 4 thin slices)
- 2 thin deli slices Swiss cheese
- Place two lettuce leaves in a resealable container.
- If using, spread a thin line of honey mustard on the center of each
- Working with 1 oz of deli ham at a time, lay out the ham and top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Then roll them up. Place one roll on each of the lettuce leaves.
- Seal the container and you're ready to go.