Silky, smooth and satisfying, this recipe for Vegan Ginger Carrot Soup is ideal for packed lunches. Make a pot today!
When it comes to prepping lunches for the week, it helps to have a batch of something that will feed you for days. That way, you can chop, cook and pack up meals that will become the grab-and-go delights.
Soup is a great option for this. It’s easy, it reheats well, and it definitely fits the batch cooking category.
Might I suggest trying this Vegan Ginger Carrot Soup recipe for your lunches soon?
This silky soup is filled with onions, garlic, carrots, red bell pepper, ginger and thyme. And it’s finished off with a swirl of creamy coconut milk. The result is a satisfying, fragrant soup that delights and fills the belly.
Plus, it’s easy to make. And makes the recipe all the better, right? So, go on. Make a batch and pack it up for lunches. You won’t regret it!
And PS — When you’re putting this in your lunch box though, don’t forget the thermos trick to keep your soup warm longer.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ lbs. carrots, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth, preferably organic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables become soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, minced ginger, and thyme leaves and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the carrots are fork-tender, approximately 10-15 minutes. Stir once or twice while cooking.
- Remove from heat and puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. (A regular blender or food processor can also be used for this step). Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Return to medium heat and add coconut milk. Stir until barely combined and cook until heated through approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!